Posted to pylucene-dev@lucene.apache.org by Omar Ali <om...@omarali.us> on 2017/03/06 23:11:17 UTC

pylucene-6.4.1 Makefile

Hello,

I noticed that, in the Makefile of pylucene 6.4.1, the environment
variables section for Mac OS X 10.12 are uncommented out unlike the
Makefile of the previous release. This is only true for the Makefile
packaged in pylucene-6.4.1-src.tar.gz. The Makefile on svn
<https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/pylucene/trunk/Makefile> still has
this section commented out. Was this change intentional? Can you re-upload
pylucene-6.4.1-src.tar.gz with the Mac OS X section commented out again?
This is breaking the workflow of specifying the desired environment
variables on the command line without editing the Makefile.

Thanks,
Omar

Re: pylucene-6.4.1 Makefile

Posted by Andi Vajda <va...@apache.org>.
> On Mar 7, 2017, at 00:11, Omar Ali <om...@omarali.us> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> I noticed that, in the Makefile of pylucene 6.4.1, the environment
> variables section for Mac OS X 10.12 are uncommented out unlike the
> Makefile of the previous release. This is only true for the Makefile
> packaged in pylucene-6.4.1-src.tar.gz. The Makefile on svn
> <https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/pylucene/trunk/Makefile> still has
> this section commented out. Was this change intentional? Can you re-upload
> pylucene-6.4.1-src.tar.gz with the Mac OS X section commented out again?
> This is breaking the workflow of specifying the desired environment
> variables on the command line without editing the Makefile.

Indeed, that is a bug, it should not have been committed that way. Apologies.
To be fixed for the next release.

Andi..