Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Ken Gentle <j....@acm.org> on 2003/11/19 17:13:02 UTC

RE: [VOTE] macrodef - do attributes as properties or substitution s

Everyone is entitled to your opinion, and everyone else is entitled to
their own, wrong opinion.  Right, Dominique? ;^)

Just to be contrarian (but not really), the "{@x}" notation looks weird to
me!  "@{x}" is familiar enough, although I can't say why at the moment --
oh, yeah, doesn't Perl have a similar construct?

I've watched this discussion all the way through, and I can see the
benefits of both approaches. FWIW, seems to me that a run-time definition
of a property within the macro (<local> rears its ugly(?!) head again) is
desirable.  Although a straight textual substitution will be easily
understood by folks familiar with the C/C++ pre-processor.

I feel strongly both ways! :^/

         Ken

Posted by peter reilly <pe...@corvil.com>.
On Wednesday 19 November 2003 16:13, Ken Gentle wrote:

> Just to be contrarian (but not really), the "{@x}" notation looks weird to
> me!  "@{x}" is familiar enough, although I can't say why at the moment --
> oh, yeah, doesn't Perl have a similar construct?
If not today then some day.
Peter

Re: [VOTE] macrodef - do attributes as properties or substitution s

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Wed, 19 Nov 2003, Ken Gentle <j....@acm.org> wrote:

> "@{x}" is familiar enough, although I can't say why at the moment

It's a grid bug (or a xorn, dunno without colors) between a moat and a
fountain with an adventurer/human/elf next to it.

8-)

Stefan