Posted to dev@corinthia.apache.org by "Dennis E. Hamilton" <de...@acm.org> on 2015/08/05 16:54:38 UTC

UI Abstraction Layer (was RE: Is Qt the right choice ??)

I am unavailable for work on the UI abstraction layer.

 - Dennis

BACKGROUND

I am preoccupied with the ODF (and perhaps later OOXML) document-model abstractions and procedures for assessing degrees of conformance of document files and compliance of document processors.

That is why I came here and it is also what returned my attention to Apache OpenOffice.

Other pressing matters are already delaying my attention to document-format interoperability-assessment work.

I see just that work lasting another year, already longer than I had planned.

While UI abstraction is an interesting challenge, and API development is a strong card for me, my plate is already full.  Down the road, I have a completely different project, related to computation theory, that is very high on my bucket list and has very little to do with Corinthia or Apache OpenOffice.  I must clear my current accountabilities and projects in order to make room for that.

Posted by jan i <ja...@apache.org>.
On 5 August 2015 at 16:54, Dennis E. Hamilton <de...@acm.org>
wrote:

> I am unavailable for work on the UI abstraction layer.
>
>  - Dennis
>
> BACKGROUND
>
> I am preoccupied with the ODF (and perhaps later OOXML) document-model
> abstractions and procedures for assessing degrees of conformance of
> document files and compliance of document processors.
>
> That is why I came here and it is also what returned my attention to
> Apache OpenOffice.

you stated that before, and that is of course also an important job. I
wonder why you did not take me up on the offer of working together with the
student doing the
compliance sheets.

> Other pressing matters are already delaying my attention to
> document-format interoperability-assessment work.

If you feel we discuss too much in here, and generate too much noise, you
can always step down or take a break, that is perfectly acceptable to
anybody.

> I see just that work lasting another year, already longer than I had
> planned.
>
> While UI abstraction is an interesting challenge, and API development is a
> strong card for me, my plate is already full.  Down the road, I have a
> completely different project, related to computation theory, that is very
> high on my bucket list and has very little to do with Corinthia or Apache
> OpenOffice.  I must clear my current accountabilities and projects in order
> to make room for that.

Well nobody is putting pressure of you to do things in here. But of course
when you air opinion, you must expect to get involved in the discussion,
and when you
say an idea is no good, then a natural question is "what would you suggest?"

Anyway good luck with your document.

rgds
jan i.