Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by Joe Witt <jo...@gmail.com> on 2023/03/10 18:19:37 UTC

How to tag fix versions in JIRAs for NIFI

Team,

Over the years we've pushed people to avoid setting fix versions until
that item is actually merged.  This way we're not stuck having to
remove fix versions from JIRAs that aren't actually being reviewed
yet/merged and thus don't end up in that release.  However, now that
we're operating on both the 1.x and 2.x lines we have a new need
whereby a person creating a JIRA/change needs to communicate a change
is meant for both 1.x and 2.x lines whatever that next release might
be.

So I've created two new sort of 'meta' release versions called
'1.latest' and '2.latest'.  Instead of putting nothing or artificially
guessing what release something will end up we can use these as soon
as a JIRA or PR is created.  This way if you have things that you want
on both you can communicate you intend it for both lines.  Still, as
was always the case a reviewer/merger can set the fix version to the
actual version it will go in as soon as the change lands on a given
branch.

Thanks