Posted to dev@community.apache.org by Raphael Bircher <rb...@gmail.com> on 2020/04/05 13:06:30 UTC

Corona Track App

Hi all

I think we all are right now in a challenging  situation. Many
countries are in a lockdown. But there is also a discussion around,
what we do after this emergency stop. One solution ist to track down
the rout of the Virus. If a new case comes in, you search out the
social connections. Thy can be warned, and make a test to.

I know, tracking Apps are already in discussion, but maybe it's a good
idea to have something open source under AL v2.

I know, Apache normally don't act proactive. But maybe we should make
an exception here. What do you think?

Regards Raphael

Re: Corona Track App

Posted by Carlos Sanchez <ca...@apache.org>.
There is an official WHO app written by volunteers
https://github.com/WorldHealthOrganization/app
and I saw another proximity tracker with barcodes for quarantine but can't
find the link now

Re: Corona Track App

Posted by Jarek Potiuk <ja...@potiuk.com>.
> [...]

> "lend
> > a few hands".
> >

> > Ed Mangini
> > me@emangini.com
> >
> > <http://emangini.com>
> >

> > On Sun, Apr 5, 2020 at 9:06 AM Raphael Bircher <rbircherapache@gmail.com
> >
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Hi all
> > >
> > > I think we all are right now in a challenging  situation. Many
> > > countries are in a lockdown. But there is also a discussion around,
> > > what we do after this emergency stop. One solution ist to track down
> > > the rout of the Virus. If a new case comes in, you search out the
> > > social connections. Thy can be warned, and make a test to.
> > >
> > > I know, tracking Apps are already in discussion, but maybe it's a good
> > > idea to have something open source under AL v2.
> > >
> > > I know, Apache normally don't act proactive. But maybe we should make

+48 660 796 129

Re: Corona Track App

Posted by Peter Lin <wo...@gmail.com>.
sounds interesting.

Re: Corona Track App

Posted by Ed Mangini <me...@emangini.com>.

Re: Corona Track App

Posted by Manish Sharma <sa...@gmail.com>.
Sure

Re: Corona Track App

Posted by Jarek Potiuk <ja...@potiuk.com>.
Also there is the European call of EDP for one app to rule them all (and
protect privacy) - I am applying to be involved
https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-52189551

+48 660 796 129

Re: Corona Track App

Posted by Raphael Bircher <rb...@gmail.com>.