Posted to soap-dev@ws.apache.org by "Simpson, Jeff" <js...@ifinance.com> on 2000/11/08 16:33:11 UTC

Possible SSL Bug

I don't know if this is a Secure Soap implementation bug or a problem with
the JSSE.  If you call a server with cert that is three levels. i.e.

	root ca cert ---->  intermediate cert ------> servers cert

then the call fails with Invalid Server in Cert chain message.

I have put the intermediate cert in my keystore. And believe this work fine.
I have some experience in installing them since I often use Verisign test
certs which requires a special CA cert.

I came across this problem while trying to connect to server with a Verisign
Commerce Certificate.

I tried Java 1.2.2 and 1.3 but had the same problem.

Has anyone seen this problem.

Jeffrey V. Simpson
Senior Software Engineer
iFINANCE