Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by kureckam <mk...@fractech.net> on 2012/12/12 16:08:25 UTC

Computer sync issue

I have an application that uses ActiveMQ. ActiveMQ is in it's own JVM on
computer 1. The core application has producers and consumers and also runs
on computer 1. There is a UI portion that consumes and produces messages as
well. The UI and core communicate via ActiveMQ. If the UI runs on the same
machine everything works fine. If I run it on another machine with the time
different it doesn't. The producers are setting timeToLive. I've figured out
that the messages are expiring due to the time mismatch. I added
<plugings>
         <timeStampingBrokerPlugin futureOnly="true"/>
</plugins>

to the ActiveMQ config file but it isn't having an affect. What am I
missing?

version 5.5.1

Re: Computer sync issue

Posted by Gary Tully <ga...@gmail.com>.
peek at the source of that plugin to see what is going on.

https://fisheye6.atlassian.com/browse/activemq/trunk/activemq-core/src/main/java/org/apache/activemq/broker/util/TimeStampingBrokerPlugin.java?r=1189980&@annm=none

also, enable debug logging for that class, it should help diagnose

http://redhat.com
http://blog.garytully.com

Re: Computer sync issue

Posted by kureckam <mk...@fractech.net>.
There is no network bridge for this broker.

Re: Computer sync issue

Posted by Gary Tully <ga...@gmail.com>.
I guess there is a networkBridge that forwards between the two brokers. if
so set the
timeStampingBrokerPlugin  attribute processNetworkMessages="true"

http://redhat.com
http://blog.garytully.com