Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Juozas Baliuka <ba...@mwm.lt> on 2002/06/17 13:08:49 UTC

[Jexl]expersssion language or something more ?

Hi,
I see statement definitions in Jexl grammar. Is it going to be something like
javascript ?

Re: [Jexl]expersssion language or something more ?

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@adeptra.com>.
On 6/17/02 7:31 AM, "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@adeptra.com> wrote:

> On 6/17/02 7:08 AM, "Juozas Baliuka" <ba...@mwm.lt> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> I see statement definitions in Jexl grammar. Is it going to be something like
>> javascript ?
>>

> "JexlScript"
>
> :)
>
> Yes - it's a mirror of something I did (am doing) for a client.  It was
> originally going to come out as the full scripting, but James had a need for
> Jexl as simple expressions for Jelly, and also having an impl of the JSTL
> EL* around was also the intent.

And as I wasn't clear - the control and scripting elements will show up Real
Soon.  The expression support was first for Jelly - others are using it as
well.

--
Geir Magnusson Jr.
Research & Development, Adeptra Inc.

Re: [Jexl]expersssion language or something more ?

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@adeptra.com>.
On 6/17/02 7:08 AM, "Juozas Baliuka" <ba...@mwm.lt> wrote:

> Hi,
> I see statement definitions in Jexl grammar. Is it going to be something like
> javascript ?

"JexlScript"

:)