Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Anoop Kumar V <ak...@sapient.com> on 2002/07/25 07:04:33 UTC

Autonomy vs Lucene, etc..

Hi,

i have a very basic question. We have been using Autonomy until now. but now
we are looking
for any alternative tools to substitute autonomy. This we decided as we hv
now shifted to a more
internal database/site search rather tahn the external search offered by
autonomy. What i want to know
is that.. can Lucene (or any other search engine) substitute autonomy and
what are the impacts.
Can you also guide me to any other search engine (ok..if it is not open
source) that is suitable
in terms of ease of installation and integration.

thanx in advance..
-anoop

RE: Autonomy vs Lucene, etc..

Posted by "Nader S. Henein" <ns...@bayt.net>.
Could you explain a little bit what autonomy does for you and what
requirements you have that need to be met.

Nader Henein