Posted to user@spark.apache.org by aecc <al...@gmail.com> on 2014/02/06 13:57:44 UTC

Database connection per worker

Hi,

I would like to do an operation only once in each worker, at the beggining.
Such as connecting to a database. But I cannot make it work. I created a
static variable that in theory should be different on each worker, so I
should be able to get connections to the database from different workers,
however I just get one. I'm using local[4] in standalone mode.

Thank you

Re: Database connection per worker

Posted by Tathagata Das <ta...@gmail.com>.
Using local[4] runs everything in local mode within a single JVM. So you
are expected to get only one connection when using a static variable.

TD

Posted by aecc <al...@gmail.com>.
I forgot to mention that I'm running Spark Streaming