Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by baran cakici <ba...@gmail.com> on 2011/05/02 13:37:34 UTC

Re: Configuration for small Cluster

any comments???

Posted by baran cakici <ba...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Actually it is not about security level of Linux. They use some Application
for Security that just with Windows compatible, it was about that. I am not
against to Linux too :)

Regards,

Baran

Posted by hadoopman <ha...@gmail.com>.

Posted by baran cakici <ba...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by hadoopman <ha...@gmail.com>.

Posted by James Seigel <ja...@tynt.com>.
I am talking about unix swapping of memory out to disk when the Os
runs low on ram.  If it is doing this you will get abysmal
performance.

With small amount of ram in your boxes, and you number of mappers and
reduces totaling 5 with child opts of 512mb you have a scenario when
you can OOM the box.

To be fair I didn't go too deep into your settings.

James

Sent from my mobile. Please excuse the typos.

Posted by baran cakici <ba...@gmail.com>.
Hi James,

Posted by James Seigel <ja...@tynt.com>.