Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org> on 2016/05/10 18:04:01 UTC

Podlings in phonebook

The quickstep podling does not appear in the phonebook[1]. Are there any steps we missed in setting up the podling? (I know this is an infrastructure question, but I have a feeling that we need to update some of our process documents.)

Julian

[1] https://people.apache.org/phonebook.html?podling=quickstep <https://people.apache.org/phonebook.html?podling=quickstep>

RE: Podlings in phonebook

Posted by "Wang, Yanping" <ya...@intel.com>.
It looks like we need add something to asf-authorization-template to be listed in phonebook. I don't know how to do that.

Below is info from John D. Ament
All,

Due to some changes in recent times around the ASF, I think I've identified
a new setup step for podlings.

I'd like to recommend adding to the asf-authorization-template as a setup
step to display the newly created podling in phonebook (
home.apache.org/phonebook.html) and that whenever a new committer is added
that this authorization template be updated.

I see Mnemonic also not listed there [1].

[1] http://home.apache.org/phonebook.html
Regards,
Uma

FW: Podlings in phonebook

Posted by "Gangumalla, Uma" <um...@intel.com>.

Re: Podlings in phonebook

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org>.

Re: Podlings in phonebook

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org>.
The introduction of phonebook is a relatively new thing, replacing the old
committers-by-(id|project) pages.  I'm not surprised that a majority of
podlings aren't in it.

The best thing we can do is encourage podlings to enter their ASF auth
templates.  I had sent an email about this at the end of last month, so I'm
wondering if this change should go forward

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-general/201604.mbox/%3CCAOqetn_CK4YKt9-%2BCBH7zdE5atU4iiDsCK8tOnjy86GjQq%2B%3D_A%40mail.gmail.com%3E

John

Re: Podlings in phonebook

Posted by Mike Jumper <mi...@guac-dev.org>.