Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Dongqi Guo <dg...@mobilocity.net> on 2001/01/18 02:48:36 UTC

cocoon 1.8 installation with Weblogic 5.1

Hi Jamie,

I am installing cocoon 1.8 with Weblogic 5.1 and have the same problem as
you stated in the emails on 1 Nov 2000 and 2 Nov 2000.
I studied the 6 email about this issue and I followed your email on Thu, 2
Nov 2000 11:02:12 -0700:
1. make a SetEnv.cmd
2. make a SetConfig.cmd
3. following the cocoon 1.8 installation with WebLogic 5.1

then I run SetEnv.cmd, then SetConfig.cmd. I check the output of wlconfig,
it's almost the same as yours except that I don't have any service pack jar
file in the any path, and I run bin\wlserver.exe, it give me the error:

[HttpServer] : Directory cocoonwar\ does not contain WEB-INF/weblogic.xml.
If this Web application relies on the WebLogic specific XML descriptor, this
may result in misconfigured application.

I went to: http://localhost:7001/cocoon/index.xml it show up properly, but
when I click any link in it, it does not work.

any help?
thanks

  Dongqi Guo, Engineer

  M o b i l o c i t y   --------------------------
                          The M-Business Builder

  99 Wall Street, 4th Floor, New York, NY 10005
  http://www.mobilocity.net
  646.383.5369 - office
  212.235.0339 - fax
  917.604.0381 - mobile
This email may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use
of the intended recipient. Any review or distribution by others is strictly
prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient please contact the sender
and delete all copies.

Re: cocoon 1.8 installation with Weblogic 5.1

Posted by Thomas Gozolits <th...@valtech.de>.
i have written a little installation document for cocoon in a wls environment.

Please contact me if someone can encounter errors so I can fix them. It would
also be a
good idea to publish it in the install.html at the cocoon site.

Installation of BEA WebLogic 5.1.0 and Cocoon 1.8 and Cocoon 1.7.4 respectively

Abbreviations:  (WLS)    BEA WebLogic 5.1.0
  %WL_HOME%  E:\weblogic
  %COCOON_HOME% E:\cocoon-1.8
  %JAVA_HOME% E:\jdk1.2.2

We use a Windows environment for this example. With little modifications this
should also run on a UNIX environment.

It is assumed that both software packages are installed under top level, i.e.
E:\weblogic and E:\cocoon-1.8 respectively.

Under WLS there is a global configuration file called weblogic.properties. Do
not modify this file!
We use the local configuration file called weblogic.properties in the directory
%WL_HOME%\myserver.
In this file we store local modifications.

To start WLS we double click the startWebLogic.cmd in the %WL_HOME% directory.
The reason for this is because we have to make CLASSPATH and WEBLOGIC_CLASSPATH
modifications and we do this in exactly this file. Therefore if you use another
option to start up WLS you do not use our necessary amendments.
You have to copy the license file called WebLogicLicense.xml into the
%WL_HOME%\license directory, otherwise start up of WLS will be immediately
aborted. You can omit this step if you are using a trial version.

NOTE:
The modification for Cocoon 1.8 correspond exactly to the modifications done for
Cocoon 1.7.4. If the two versions of Cocoon require different setting this will
be stated explicitly. As standard we use Cocoon 1.8 settings.

Modifications for integrating the Cocoon 1.8 Servlet into the WLS:

Place the cocoon application into %WL_HOME%\myserver\cocoon.
Copy the %COCOON_HOME%\samples directory into %WL_HOME%\myserver\cocoon.
Create a directory WEB-INF (use capital letters !!) in the cocoon directory,
i.e. %WL_HOME%\myserver\cocoon\WEB-INF. This is the location for the web.xml and
cocoon.properties file.

ATTENTION:

Make the following amendments to the local weblogic.properties file in the
%WL_HOME%\myserver directory:
You can make any modification in the global weblogic.properties file, too. But
for maintenance sake keep your modifications in a local file, where you are able
to override global settings, too.

# ---- COCOON SUPPORT
Weblogic.httpd.webApp.cocoon=E:/weblogic/myserver/cocoon
Weblogic.httpd.register.*.xml=org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon
Weblogic.httpd.initArgs.*.xml=properties=WEB-INF/cocoon.properties

# ---- point the documentRoot to the cocoon application
weblogic.httpd.documentRoot=E:/weblogic/myserver/cocoon
# overrides the default setting of the documentRoot in
%WL_HOME%\weblogic.properties
# The default value of this is:
# weblogic.httpd.documentRoot=public_html/

Modification of the startWebLogic.cmd file in the WLS root directory:
Settings for Cocoon 1.7.4

set JAVA_CLASSPATH=\
.\classes\boot;\
.\eval\cloudscape\lib\cloudscape.jar;\
E:\jdk1.2.2\lib\tools.jar;\
E:\cocoon-1.7.4\bin\cocoon.jar;\
E:\cocoon-1.7.4\lib\xalan_1_0_1.jar;\
E:\cocoon-1.7.4\lib\xerces_1_0_3.jar;\
E:\cocoon-1.7.4\lib\fop_0_12_1.jar;\
E:\cocoon-1.7.4\lib\servlet_2_2.jar;\
E:\cocoon-1.7.4\lib\stylebook-1.0-b2.jar

set WEBLOGIC_CLASSPATH=\
.\license;.\classes;\
.\lib\weblogicaux.jar;\
.\myserver\serverclasses;\
E:\cocoon-1.7.4\lib\fop_0_12_1.jar;\
E:\cocoon-1.7.4\bin\cocoon.jar;\
E:\cocoon-1.7.4\lib\stylebook-1.0-b2.jar;\
E:\cocoon-1.7.4\lib\xalan_1_0_1.jar

Settings for Cocoon 1.8

set JAVA_CLASSPATH=\
.\classes\boot;\
.\eval\cloudscape\lib\cloudscape.jar;\
E:\jdk1.2.2\lib\tools.jar;\
E:\cocoon-1.8\bin\cocoon.jar;\
E:\cocoon-1.8\lib\xalan_1_2_D02.jar;\
E:\cocoon-1.8\lib\xerces_1_2.jar;\
E:\cocoon-1.8\lib\fop_0_13_0.jar;\
E:\cocoon-1.8\lib\servlet_2_2.jar;\
E:\cocoon-1.8\lib\stylebook-1.0-b2.jar;\
E:\cocoon-1.8\lib\ turbine-pool.jar

set WEBLOGIC_CLASSPATH=\
.\license;.\classes;\
.\lib\weblogicaux.jar;\
.\myserver\serverclasses;\
E:\cocoon-1.8\lib\ fop_0_13_0.jar;\
E:\cocoon-1.8\bin\cocoon.jar;\
E:\cocoon-1.8\lib\ stylebook-1.0-b2.jar;\
E:\cocoon-1.8\lib\ xalan_1_2_D02.jar;\
 E:\cocoon-1.8\lib\ turbine-pool.jar

If everything is proper configured you should be able to run the following:
http://host:port/Cocoon.xml

 where host is localhost (aka 127.0.0.1) and
            port has the default value of 7001

The corresponding web.xml file should look like this:

The web.xml file in the %WL_HOME%\myserver\cocoon\WEB-INF directory:

<!--
     This is the web-app configurations that allow Cocoon to work under
     Apache Tomcat. Please, follow the installation section of the
     documentation for more information about installing Cocoon on Tomcat
-->

<!DOCTYPE web-app
    "http://java.sun.com/j2ee/dtds/web-app_2.2.dtd">

<web-app>
 <servlet>
  <servlet-name>org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon</servlet-name>
  <servlet-class>org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon</servlet-class>
  <init-param>
   <param-name>properties</param-name>
   <param-value>./cocoon.properties</param-value>
  </init-param>
 </servlet>

 <servlet-mapping>
  <servlet-name>org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon</servlet-name>
  <url-pattern>*.xml</url-pattern>
 </servlet-mapping>
</web-app>

My opinion is that the <param-value> tag is unimportant for cocoon in a WLS
environment.

Hope it helps

Thomas J.