Posted to dev@wicket.apache.org by Jonathan Locke <jo...@gmail.com> on 2007/05/14 19:59:10 UTC

onAttach / onBeginRender refactor problems

I've run into a couple cases where my code has suddenly stopped working
because of this refactor.  Weren't we going to throw an exception if you try
to change the component hierarchy in onAttach()?  I was doing this an Wicket
just quietly failed to do the right thing.

I fixed the AJAX ListView NPE this morning due to this refactor.  But there
seems to be another problem with AJAX rendering of feedback panels as well.
If anyone could lend me a hand in figuring this out, I'd really appreciate
it.

Thanks,

       Jonathan

Re: onAttach / onBeginRender refactor problems

Posted by Jonathan Locke <jo...@gmail.com>.

Is there an entry in the migration page of the wiki for this change?

What exactly are the new semantics supposed to be?

Posted by Jonathan Locke <jo...@gmail.com>.

i believe i've fixed most of this now and that is checked in.  wicket should
now throw exceptions when you mutate the component hierarchy during
rendering or attaching phases.  there were a number of problems in there
around the precise meaning and timing of the lifecycle states, but that
should be fixed now.