Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by Robert Susta <ro...@petitpress.sk> on 2020/04/01 09:28:39 UTC

Re: Guacamole Menu shortcut

I've located a part of client code that defines what key-combination to watch
for in guacamole/app/client/controllers/clientController.js

var SHIFT_KEYS  = {0xFFE1 : true, 0xFFE2 : true},
	ALT_KEYS    = {0xFFE9 : true, 0xFFEA : true, 0xFE03 : true,
				   0xFFE7 : true, 0xFFE8 : true},
	CTRL_KEYS   = {0xFFE3 : true, 0xFFE4 : true},
	MENU_KEYS   = angular.extend({}, SHIFT_KEYS, ALT_KEYS, CTRL_KEYS);

I've modified it like this to react on CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+F12:

var SHIFT_KEYS  = {0xFFE1 : true, 0xFFE2 : true},
	ALT_KEYS    = {0xFFE9 : true, 0xFFEA : true, 0xFE03 : true,
				   0xFFE7 : true, 0xFFE8 : true},
	CTRL_KEYS   = {0xFFE3 : true, 0xFFE4 : true},
	ACTION_KEY  = {0xFFC9 : true},
	MENU_KEYS   = angular.extend({}, SHIFT_KEYS, ALT_KEYS, CTRL_KEYS,
ACTION_KEY);

I've found the 0xFFC9 keycode for F12 here:
https://guacamole.apache.org/doc/guacamole-common-js/Keyboard.js.html

it looks like it won't be that easy - it doesn't work. I restarted the whole
server afterwards, cleared browser offline files and cookies, used a clean
browser I never use: Edge, just to be sure nothing was left in some cache.
It still opened the menu on CTRL+ALT+SHIFT alone.
I need advice.

Re: Guacamole Menu shortcut

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.
On Wed, Apr 1, 2020 at 5:28 AM Robert Susta <ro...@petitpress.sk>
wrote:

> I've located a part of client code that defines what key-combination to
> watch
> for in guacamole/app/client/controllers/clientController.js

Modifying the code directly inside the deployed Tomcat application is very
unreliable in terms of whether it will work or not - I wouldn't try that.
If you need to try it, you'll want to download the source code, edit the
file in the source code, build the packages, and then re-deploy the new WAR
file that is built.

-Nick