Posted to user@spark.apache.org by KhajaAsmath Mohammed <md...@gmail.com> on 2016/06/13 22:52:52 UTC

Suggestions on Lambda Architecture in Spark

Hi,

In my current project, we are planning to implement POC for lambda
architecture using spark streaming. My use case would be

Kafka --> bacth layer --> Saprk SQL --> Cassandra

Kafka --> Speed layer --> Spark Streaming --> Cassandra

Serving later --> Contact both the layers but I am not sure how the data is
queried in this case.

Does anyone have any github links or tutorials on how to implement lambda
architecture especially the serving layer?

Thanks,
Asmath.

Re: Suggestions on Lambda Architecture in Spark

Posted by Jörn Franke <jo...@gmail.com>.
You do not describe use cases, but technologies. First be aware on your needs and then check technologies.
Otherwise nobody can help you properly and you will end up with an inefficient stack for your needs.

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
This might be useful:

https://spark-summit.org/east-2016/events/lambda-at-weather-scale/

--
Sent from my Mobile device

Re: Suggestions on Lambda Architecture in Spark

Posted by Sean Owen <so...@cloudera.com>.
Our labs project oryx is intended to be pretty much a POC of the
lambda architecture on Spark (for ML): http://oryx.io/ You might
consider reusing bits of that.