Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com> on 2012/07/13 19:18:48 UTC

Going emeritus

Hi,

When UIMA graduated from the Incubator some two years ago I tagged
along as a former mentor to help deal with any potential
post-graduation issues. With the UIMA community running smoothly, with
Marshall now also a fellow member of the Apache Software Foundation
(congratulations, Marshall!) and with me unfortunately not having time
to work more with UIMA in the foreseeable future, I think it's time
for me to thank you all and withdraw to the land of emeriti.

Thus, please accept my resignation as an UIMA committer and PMC member.

Thanks and goodbye!

Jukka Zitting

Re: Going emeritus

Posted by Tommaso Teofili <to...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jukka,

thank you very much for your effort to let the project and community grow,
and, personally, for inviting me to the project 3 years ago :-)

Have fun and keep up the good work,
Tommaso

Re: Going emeritus

Posted by Jörn Kottmann <ko...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

thanks for all your help and especially for getting
us graduated!

Jörn

Re: Going emeritus

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
On 7/13/2012 1:58 PM, Thilo Goetz wrote:
> On 13/07/12 19:18, Jukka Zitting wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> When UIMA graduated from the Incubator some two years ago I tagged
>> along as a former mentor to help deal with any potential
>> post-graduation issues. With the UIMA community running smoothly, with
>> Marshall now also a fellow member of the Apache Software Foundation
>> (congratulations, Marshall!) and with me unfortunately not having time
>> to work more with UIMA in the foreseeable future, I think it's time
>> for me to thank you all and withdraw to the land of emeriti.
>>
>> Thus, please accept my resignation as an UIMA committer and PMC member.
>>
>> Thanks and goodbye!
>>
>> Jukka Zitting
>>
> Hi Jukka,
>
> thanks for all your help, particularly around graduation time!
> Good luck with your other efforts, great job on incubator front.
>
> --Thilo

Hi Jukka,  I also have greatly appreciated your gentle guidance and support;
thank you!

-Marshall

Re: Going emeritus

Posted by Thilo Goetz <tw...@gmx.de>.