Posted to users@pdfbox.apache.org by HQS <hq...@gmail.com> on 2014/03/13 19:39:39 UTC

Clickable links

Hello all,

I’ve successfully implemented the string extraction and reference transformation into hyperlinks, except that,
the links are clickable but the files don’t open. I’ve set the URI to be « file:/<path to my other pdf> » and
nothing happens. If I set an http URL instead, it works (the navigator opens to the page). I’ve checked my paths, they’re correct.

I’m on Mac OS X Maverick, so the default software is Preview.

Any idea ?

Thanks !

Julien

Re: Clickable links

Posted by Tres Finocchiaro <tr...@gmail.com>.
Do you have the proper amount of slashes? (Assuming you do)

This answer doesn't really apply to PDFBox specifically, but  from my
experience with local file:// URLs, is that this is an OSX security measure
which block the functionality.   This is just a hunch but I've had java
applets blocked in Safari until I changed from file:// to http://, which
was fantastically difficult to troubleshoot.

-Tres