Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Peter Swoboda <pr...@gmx.de> on 2006/03/03 10:27:53 UTC

how can i go deep?

Hi.
I've don a whole web crawl like it is shown in the tutorial.
There is just "http://www.kreuztal.de/" in the urls.txt
i did the Fetching three times.
But unfortunately the crawl hasn't gone deep.
while searching, i can only find keywords from the first(home-)site.
for example i couldn't find anythin on
"http://www.kreuztal.de/impressum.php"
How can i configure the depht?
Thanx for helping.

greetings
Peter

--
Bis zu 70% Ihrer Onlinekosten sparen: GMX SmartSurfer!
Kostenlos downloaden: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/smartsurfer

Unable to complete fetch

Posted by Gal Nitzan <gn...@usa.net>.
Hi,

1. I have disabled speculative tasks by setting it to false in
hadoop-site.xml

2. Now I notice that the fetcher does not complete the whole fetchlist.

3. By adding additional logging info in generate I see 20000 links being
generated, but the fetcher without any indication to any error just fetch
some 200-1000 urls.

4. Hadoop loging just writes task ... has completed.

5. I am using latest Hadoop version.

Gal.

Re: how can i go deep?

Posted by Steven Yelton <st...@missiondata.com>.
I'd be glad too, but I need to clean them up a bit (and make them more
generic) first.  In the mean time, here is a link to an article that I
found helpful:

http://today.java.net/pub/a/today/2006/02/16/introduction-to-nutch-2.html

Search for 'recrawl'.  You can use this script out of the box to add
more segments to an existing index (from the initial 'crawl' command
perhaps).

Steven

Re: how can i go deep?

Posted by Steven Yelton <st...@missiondata.com>.
Attached is the shell script I am using.  It can either be used to
emulate the crawl command, or recrawl an existing index.  Feedback is
welcomed and appreciated.

A few notes:
   * You need to change 'nutch_home' to point to your nutch installation
   * Running with no arguments will print the usage
   * Only supports the local fs

To initiate a crawl (where myurls is a file with a list of urls one per
line)
  ./crawl.sh -initdb myurls /tmp/index

To recrawl using the same web db (updated pages or just to go deeper):
  ./crawl.sh /tmp/index

Steven

Re: how can i go deep?

Posted by Jeff Ritchie <jr...@netwurklabs.com>.
Here is an automated Perl Script... Could be ported to a shell.

No failure checking however I should check for failures....... but i'm
usually keeping an eye on things...
nutch-runner.pl
#!/usr/bin/perl

while (1) {
$trash = `/opt/nutch/bin/nutch generate /mycrawl/crawldb
/mycrawl/segments -topN 10000`;

sleep 5;

@lines = split(/\n/,`/opt/nutch/bin/hadoop dfs -ls /mycrawl/segments`);
$seg = $lines[@lines-1];
@segs = split(/\t/,$seg);
$seg = $segs[0];
@segshorts = split(/\//,$seg);
$segshort = $segshorts[@segshorts-1];

$trash = `/opt/nutch/bin/nutch fetch $seg`;

sleep 5;

$trash = `/opt/nutch/bin/nutch updatedb /mycrawl/crawldb $seg`;

sleep 5;

$trash = `/opt/nutch/bin/nutch invertlinks /mycrawl/linkdb $seg`;

sleep 5;

# Removed to do a big index later.....
#$trash = `/opt/nutch/bin/nutch index /mycrawl/index-$segshort
/mycrawl/crawldb /mycrawl/linkdb $seg`;

#sleep 5;
}

the 'big index'

big-index.pl
#!/usr/bin/perl

@lines = split(/\n/,`/opt/nutch/bin/hadoop dfs -ls /mycrawl/segments`);
foreach $line (@lines) {
if ($line =~ /dir/) {
@segs = split(/\t/,$line);
$seg = $segs[0];
$allsegs = $allsegs . " " . $seg;
}
}
`/opt/nutch/bin/nutch index /mycrawl/indexes /mycrawl/crawldb
/mycrawl/linkdb $allsegs`;

RE: how can i go deep?

Posted by Richard Braman <rb...@bramantax.com>.

Re: how can i go deep?