Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Mark Miskiman/CanWest/IBM <mm...@ca.ibm.com> on 2001/10/23 16:29:09 UTC

JetSpeed running on WebSphere 3.5 - has anyone actually got it to work?

I've been trying to get JetSpeed to run within WebSphere 3.5.4 with no luck
at all. Originally I was using the JetSpeed 1.3a1 code but I quickly
discovered an init() error with the RegistryManager. When  I searched
within the user archive, it looked like this is an error that has occured
before in similar installations (WebSphere 3.5.3). This thread had several
useful tips, like using the code from the CVS repository instead of the
1.3a1 build. One user also noted that they had successfully built and ran a
version of JetSpeed in WebSphere taken from the CVS repository as of 6
April 01.

I first tried taking the latest versions of each of the library files out
of the CVS repository, but I received null pointer errors in the TurbineLog
interface. As there was a user who seemed to have successfully compiled a
version of JetSpeed from 6 April 01, I tried to put a project together
based on that date, but I was unable to successfully build it to test. Next
I directly contacted one of the users who was having the same problems on
WebSphere hoping that he had discovered a solution that just wasn't posted
back to the community. Unfortunately, his problem had never been solved.

I'm going to assume that someone out there has got this to work..... Would
that someone please share the magic mix of WebSphere config and .jar
versions to make it happen?

My Technical Info:
OS: NT 4.0 SP6
JDK: 1.3
App Engine: WebSphere AS 3.5.4

PS. Error logs available upon request.....too long to fit nicely in a this
e-mail though

Mark Miskiman
mmiskima@ca.ibm.com

"What enables the wise sovereign and the good general to strike and
conquer, and achieve things beyond the reach of ordinary men, is knowledge"

             -- Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Re: JetSpeed running on WebSphere 3.5 - has anyone actually got it to work?

Posted by "Scott A. Roehrig" <sa...@hotmail.com>.
Mark:

Had to add sour milk, but I could never get the darn thing to work correctly
either.

Scott
IBM