Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Mounir Benzid <mb...@meetingmasters.de> on 2012/07/23 12:09:48 UTC

How to resuse an Action class in different namespace contexts?

I use two different namespaces to secure my web application ( with
spring security)

One is /pubilc  the other is called.. well..  /private. Everything
underneath /private is available only  to logged-in users.

Currently  there is an action class living in the /public namespace
named ShowPublicAgendaAction
which is responsible for showing today's agenda items.

A very similar action ShowPrivateAgendaAction exists in the secured
/private namespace
which does pretty much the same thing, the only difference is, that all
available agenda itens are presented to the user
(not only those of today)

I'd like to consolidate both actions since they differ only in one
single line of code

  Public:       public void prepare() { List<AgendaItem> items=
agendaManager.loadTodaysItems();.....}

Private:      public void prepare() {  List<AgendaItem> items=
agendaManager.loadItems();......}

How do I go about serving requests from different namespaces in one
Action class?

Requests coming-in from /private should call  items=
agendaManager.loadItems();
Everythng else should call items= agendaManager.loadTodaysItems();

Thanks.

Mounir

Re: How to resuse an Action class in different namespace contexts?

Posted by Łukasz Lenart <lu...@googlemail.com>.
One base abstract class and two concrete classes which contain the
prepare() methods as specified.

Regards
--
Łukasz