Posted to dev@aries.apache.org by zoe slattery <zo...@gmail.com> on 2010/08/20 16:16:54 UTC

[DISCUSS] Apache Aries (Incubating) version 0.2-incubating release candidate 02

Hi

Just starting a thread for discussion of Aries 0.2-incubating release
candidate 02.

Zoë

RE: [DISCUSS] Apache Aries (Incubating) version 0.2-incubating release candidate 02

Posted by Timothy Ward <ti...@hotmail.com>.
That failure is benign, and has a simple fix. I'll put a change into trunk and the release branch. Is there a JIRA for this?

Tim

Posted by Lin Sun <li...@gmail.com>.
I ran into this error constantly, too

Lin

Posted by Jarek Gawor <jg...@gmail.com>.

Posted by zoe slattery <zo...@gmail.com>.
Joe Bohn wrote:
> I just noticed that the URL for the parent source archive is incorrect
> in the Vote notice.  This is the correct URL:
>
> 1. parent
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachearies-113/org/apache/aries/parent/0.2-incubating/parent-0.2-incubating-source-release.zip

Ach - thanks.

Posted by Joe Bohn <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Joe Bohn <jo...@gmail.com>.
Hi Tim,

Yes, you are correct that it isn't an error.  I was fooled by seeing the
exception (which I typically associate with an error).  Thanks for
volunteering to remove the exception from the log.

All,
I'm not sure if it is worth trying to get this into the next
0.2-incubating vote.  As Tim mentions, it isn't really an error.  But it
might look strange to our users when running samples.  When I was going
to fix this by including the quiesce bundles in the sample assemblies I
thought it would be worth-while to respin samples.  Given that it is now
a change to jpa should respin the jpa modules?

Joe

--
Joe

RE: [DISCUSS] Apache Aries (Incubating) version 0.2-incubating release candidate 02

Posted by Timothy Ward <ti...@hotmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Joe Bohn <jo...@gmail.com>.

--
Joe

Re: [DISCUSS] Apache Aries (Incubating) version 0.2-incubating release candidate 02

Posted by Joe Bohn <jo...@gmail.com>.
I should probably start an new thread on versions ... but this
particular question is pertinent to this vote so I'll raise it here first:

- We introduced a new component with this vote - quiesce.  In the vote
we are releasing this as 0.2-incubating which implies that there might
have been a 0.1-incubating.  Is this how we want to introduce this and
future components - using the prevailing version of the vote?

Regards,