Posted to users@pdfbox.apache.org by Matthew Hardy <ma...@performair.com> on 2024/03/12 16:40:03 UTC

Help with NullPointerException org.apache.io.IOUtils.LOG

Hello,

We've recently upgraded to pdfbox 3.0.1. When attempting to instantiate an empty PDDocument, we receive the following error.

Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke "org.apache.commons.logging.Log.error(Object, java.lang.Throwable)" because "org.apache.pdfbox.io.IOUtils.LOG" is null
        at deployment.aeroxchange-edi.ear//org.apache.pdfbox.io.IOUtils.unmapper(IOUtils.java:278)
        at java.base/java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(AccessController.java:318)
        at deployment.aeroxchange-edi.ear//org.apache.pdfbox.io.IOUtils.<clinit>(IOUtils.java:64)

This is a Jakarta EE 10 EJB maven project, running on Java 17 in Wildfly 30.0.1.Final. commons-logging 1.2 has been added as a dependency.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Matt Hardy
Software Developer
Perform Air International
463 South Hamilton Court
Gilbert, Arizona 85233
Phone: (480) 610-3500
Fax: (480) 610-3501
matt.hardy@performair.com<ma...@performair.com>
www.PerformAir.com<http://www.performair.com/>

RE: Help with NullPointerException org.apache.io.IOUtils.LOG

Posted by Matthew Hardy <ma...@performair.com>.
Hello,

We're still getting this exception when creating a new PDDocument even after adding those options.

Is there a way to suppress the usage of memory mapped files?

Matt Hardy
Software Developer
Perform Air International
463 South Hamilton Court