Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Ivan Rodriguez Aguilar <iv...@segob.gob.mx> on 2002/08/26 19:11:37 UTC

[Fwd: hello chroot under solaris8]

[users@httpd] Re: [Fwd: hello chroot under solaris8]

Posted by Kris Verbeeck <Kr...@ubizen.com>.
Ivan Rodriguez Aguilar wrote:

> I'm getting several troubles while try chroot apache for solaris 8
> The compiling process it's fine, but when I try to execute the
> process is not working.
>
> bash-2.03# chroot /www bin/httpd
> httpd: could not open document config file /tmp/httpd.conf

Do you have the httpd.conf in your chrooted environment??
It should be in /www/tmp/httpd.conf.

> bash-2.03#
>
> the version the apache is
>
> bash-2.03# ./httpd -V
> Server version: Apache/2.0.40
> Server built:   Aug 23 2002 20:36:43
> Server's Module Magic Number: 20020628:0
> Architecture:   32-bit
> Server compiled with....
>  -D APACHE_MPM_DIR="server/mpm/prefork"
>  -D APR_HAS_SENDFILE
>  -D APR_HAS_MMAP
>  -D APR_HAVE_IPV6
>  -D APR_USE_PROC_PTHREAD_SERIALIZE
>  -D APR_USE_PTHREAD_SERIALIZE
>  -D SINGLE_LISTEN_UNSERIALIZED_ACCEPT
>  -D APR_HAS_OTHER_CHILD
>  -D AP_HAVE_RELIABLE_PIPED_LOGS
>  -D HTTPD_ROOT="/www"

You'll also have to define the server root in your httpd.conf because
in the chrooted environment it will be / not /www

>  -D SUEXEC_BIN="/www/bin/suexec"
>  -D DEFAULT_PIDLOG="logs/httpd.pid"
>  -D DEFAULT_SCOREBOARD="logs/apache_runtime_status"
>  -D DEFAULT_LOCKFILE="logs/accept.lock"
>  -D DEFAULT_ERRORLOG="logs/error_log"
>  -D AP_TYPES_CONFIG_FILE="/tmp/mime.types"

Also needs to be in /www/tmp/mime.types

>  -D SERVER_CONFIG_FILE="/tmp/httpd.conf"
>
> now iam try move config.layaout for the sysconfigdir
> for the to many directories
>
> for exemplo the default etc.
>
> Please send me ASAP any related information.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
>   ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>                        Name: signature.asc
>    signature.asc       Type: application/pgp-signature
>                    Encoding: quoted-printable

>                        Name: signature.asc
>    signature.asc       Type: application/pgp-signature

ir. Kris Verbeeck
Development Engineer

Ubizen - Ubicenter - Philipssite 5 - 3001 Leuven - Belgium
T:  +32 16 28 70 64
F:  +32 16 28 70 77

Ubizen - We Secure e-business - www.ubizen.com