Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Arne Styve <as...@offsimcentre.no> on 2007/10/01 13:02:14 UTC

Can properties in settings.xml be used inside settings.xml ?

Hi

A quick semi-newbie question:

If I define a property within settings.xml (the one found at
<maven_home>/conf), can that property be used within the same
setting.xml file ?

Example:

<settings xmlns="http://m.....>

    <profiles>
        <profile>
            <id>test</id>
            <!--
            Some properties
            -->
            <properties>
                <!-- The root domain -->
                <server.root>portal.mycompany.com</server.osc.root>
                <!-- The HTTP URL to the Company Maven2 repositories -->

<mavenrepos.httpurl>http://${server.root}/maven2</mavenrepos.httpurl>
            </properties>
            <repositories>
                <repository>
                    <id>mycompany.thirdparty</id>
                    <name>MyCompany Internal Thirdparty
Repository</name>
                    <url>${mavenrepos.httpurl}/Thirdparty</url>
                    <layout>default</layout>
                </repository>
           </repositories>
      </profile>
   </profiles>
</setting>

I've tried this, and it seems that the properties are not substituted
with their values when I use ${mavenrepos.httpurl} as in the
<repositories>-section. Is this correct, or have I missed out on
something here ?

Regards
Arne