Posted to user@phoenix.apache.org by Sumit Nigam <su...@yahoo.com> on 2015/10/29 04:20:38 UTC

SYSTEM.CATALOG already exists

Hi,
I have a logic to create some tables at startup of my application as - "CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS .... "This can happen from multiple instances of this app concurrently.
Sometimes, when I restart the application, I get the error -
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.RpcRetryingCaller@761e074, org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.RemoteWithExtrasException(org.apache.hadoop.hbase.TableExistsException): org.apache.hadoop.hbase.TableExistsException: SYSTEM.CATALOG at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.handler.CreateTableHandler.prepare(CreateTableHandler.java:137) at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.HMaster.createTable(HMaster.java:1860) at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.HMaster.createTable(HMaster.java:2039)
Would you know why this could be happening? I am using Phoenix 4.5 with hbase 0.98.x
Any help will be appreciated.
Thank you!Sumit

SYSTEM.CATALOG already exists