Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Hime Marco <ma...@yahoo.com> on 2003/12/01 10:34:26 UTC

[users@httpd] Outlook Web Access behind Reverse proxy

We are using Apache server as reverse proxy solution
for user access from the internet to internal web
sites within the internal lan. We want to set access
to OWA 2003 from the internet while the OWA server
is located in the internal LAN.

User in the internet -> https://owa.domain.com/ ->
http://owainternal.internaldomain.com/exchange/

On the apache's httpd.conf I have the folowing
configuration:

<VirtualHost *:443>
    ServerName owa.domain.com
    ProxyPass /
http://owainternal.internaldomain.com/exchange/
    ProxyPassReverse /
http://owainternal.internaldomain.com/exchange/
</VirtualHost>

In the 1st page I'm getting contains the following
tag:
<BASE
href="http://owainternal.internaldomain.com/exchange/Username/">

Meaning that all relative links on the page will be
changed to point to the internal server
which is not accessible from the internet. Setting up
the same name for both external and
internal servers doesn't solve the problem because the
BASE href points to http and not https.

Is there a way to search and replace pages going back
to the user (like mod_rewrite in the
opposite Direction) ? Or other solution ?