Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Dave Hoffer <DH...@xrite.com> on 2005/09/13 03:13:49 UTC

Axis - setup/teardown notification?

Does Axis provide any mechanism to notify web services that they are
starting and/or stopping?  I would like to provide some resource
initialization when my web service has started and provide some resource
cleanup when it is being stopped for any reason.

What is the preferred way to do this?

-dh

Re: Axis - setup/teardown notification?

Posted by James Wilson <wi...@ociweb.com>.
I don't think Axis provides this (speaking of version 1.2.1).  I'm using a
javax.servlet.ServletContextListener registered in the web.xml of my custom web
application where I have imbedded Axis.

Hope it helps,
-james