Posted to dev@vxquery.apache.org by Sameera Horawalavithana <sa...@gmail.com> on 2013/04/24 19:57:11 UTC

GETTING STARTED

Hey,

I am an Computer Science undergraduate who had experienced many XQuery
based projects recently & do work with Apache Lucne open source information
retrieval software library.  With the capabilities of full text indexing and
searching, Apache Lucne gives what do I want in my recent projects.
So I'd like to add my experience in to more real world project like
VXQuery. If there's any chance that I can involve into VXQuery project, am
much more interested to contribute 100% in any side I can.  I already
deeply go through project mailing list archive (Markmail). But I can't find
any point to be started. Can you guys give me hint to contribute?
Thanks!
--

*SamTube405®*

Re: GETTING STARTED

Posted by Till Westmann <ti...@westmann.org>.
Hi Sameera,

great that you are up and running.
Wrt. your proposal I think that it nicely lays out the milestone, but that the milestones are quite generic. The parts of the proposal that refer to the content of the project re-use the terms from the JIRA and - while you probably understand what they mean - I cannot infer that from reading the proposal.

Cheers,
Till

Re: GETTING STARTED

Posted by Sameera Horawalavithana <sa...@gmail.com>.