Posted to user@cayenne.apache.org by Gustav Weber <gu...@yahoo.com> on 2008/06/08 18:37:18 UTC

Synergy with Apache DDLUtils?

Hi,

For me as a user it looks like Cayenne (core) could have a lot of synergies
with Apache DDLUtils:
http://db.apache.org/ddlutils/

To me it looks like both projects spend most of the time on ironing out the
"quircks" of various (supporing as many as possible) databases to be able
"access" them in a uniform and transparent way. Because of this, the most of
the testing work(and infrastructure) is also related to these issues.

Since both projects are Apache.org projects, wouldn't it be simpler to
"share"(develop and test togheter) that common part?

Well, maybe it sounds naive what I asked, but it was just an idea :) ,

Gustav.