Posted to users@tomee.apache.org by Marcel Ruff <mr...@marcelruff.info> on 2016/09/10 20:58:00 UTC

Re: How to disable OpenWebBeans?

Am 24.08.2016 um 14:47 schrieb Romain Manni-Bucau:
> Hi
>
> add a META-INF/scan.xml (assuming it is not a webapp but a flat classpath deployment) without
> anything listed inside or a META-INF/application.properties with openejb.cdi.activated=false
> should work as well.
>
> Just curiosity: why do you want to switch it off? it shouldn't make you saving much time since
> scanning is shared accross the whole server and is not OWB specific (or do you want to gain these
> 100ms?).
You are right, I just didn't understand what this container is for. I thought it starts some Web
server listening on a tcp port ...

Thank you
Marcel

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de.INVALID>.
> You are right, I just didn't understand what this container is for.

> I thought it starts some Web
> server listening on a tcp port ...

Apache OpenWebBeans is the CDI container used in TomEE.
It basically provides all the handling around @Inject, @RequestScoped, @SessionScoped, interceptors, decorators, etc.

If you deploy a Spring application then you don't need it (Spring core provides something similar).
In any other case it's really nice to use.

A looong time ago Pete and I wrote an article about the basics over here:
https://jaxenter.com/tutorial-introduction-to-cdi-contexts-and-dependency-injection-for-java-ee-jsr-299-104536.html

That should get you started.

LieGrue,
strub