Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Sergey Shelukhin <se...@hortonworks.com> on 2013/04/16 03:30:12 UTC

replication scopes in WAL

Hi. I am looking at converting WAL to PB and I see replication scopes in
WAL record.
Is there any documentation on those? The usage from code is not obvious,
there seems to be some usage implied that is not there.
If they indicate which KVs to replicate, wouldn't it be better to store
bitmask or something like that?

Re: replication scopes in WAL

Posted by Jean-Daniel Cryans <jd...@apache.org>.
Also there was a good discussion in this thread:

J-D

Posted by Bijieshan <bi...@huawei.com>.
Yes, it is only used for indicating which KVs to replicate. See ReplicationSource#removeNonReplicableEdits.

bq.If they indicate which KVs to replicate, wouldn't it be better to store bitmask or something like that?
Sounds like a good idea.

Regards,
Jieshan