Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Norm Samuelson <nh...@llnl.gov> on 2004/09/02 18:14:29 UTC

another static build

We have been successful in building a static Xerces v2.5 on one more platform.

I recently reported that we had been successful on Windows, Sun, and
Linux.  Now we can add AIX to that list.
The procedure for AIX was the same as for Linux, simply using ar to build
the archive.  The one additional thing that we needed was to compile with
the xlC compiler.

We have two more platforms of immediate interest, TRU64 and IRIX.  We think
we know how to build the library static on IRIX (similar to the Sun,
linking with the -xar switch), but have not tried yet because we cant get
the code to compile on that system.

- Norm - (20)

"The range of what we think and do is limited by what we fail to notice.
And because we fail to notice that we fail to notice, there is little we
can do to change; until we notice how failing to notice shapes our thoughts
and deeds." (R.D. Laing)