Posted to soap-dev@xml.apache.org by ??? <ma...@handysoft.co.kr> on 2001/03/07 05:02:52 UTC

On supporting international characters

Hi, all.

When I saw through the source code of HTTPUtils class, I found that the
class read string lines from HTTP response.
Specifically, the HTTPUtils class read bytes and append them to
StringBuffer, so the class fail to preserve international characters,
such as Korean, Japanese and Chinese.

IMHO, after reading bytes from HTTP response, we can parse the soap
response stream directly using XML parsers. I think that it's a better
and safer solution to handle soap message.

Additionally, org.apache.soap.Body and org.apache.soap.Header classes
are not built based on DOM API. The classes are also using string
manipulations. IMHO, it's better to use xerces DOM API in building soap
body and header information.

Please give me some pieces of advice and comments. Thanks.

Martin

Re: On supporting international characters

Posted by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@watson.ibm.com>.
Sorry .. I thought I was replying to a note on another list .. you
are already asking on a Apache SOAP specific list!!

Sanjiva.