Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Church Michael R <MR...@qinetiq.com> on 2006/02/01 19:22:24 UTC

GenericServletPortlet.class not found

I have just re-installed Jetspeed 2 on my Windows system, using the Multi-DB
installer. All is well.

However, I'm now trying to write a portlet that extends upon the
GenericVelocityPortlet class. Accordingly, I have included the line:

    import org.apache.portals.bridges.velocity.GenericVelocityPortlet;

in the portlet source. I have included portals-bridges-velocity-1.0.jar in
my class path (as you might expect I'd have to), but the thing won't
compile. It complains:

    cannot access org.apache.portals.bridges.common.GenericServetPortlet
    file org\apache\portals\bridges\common\GenericServetPortlet.class not
found

This is obviously because I need another jar file in my class path. But
which one? There's nothing obvious in the lib directory of the Jetspeed2
installation.

Bear in mind that my development PC is NOT connected to the internet (it's
not allowed to be), so I'm compiling everything directly (i.e. no use of
maven, which hates not being connected to the internet).

Thanks for your help.

Cheers,
Mike

Mike Church
Software Engineering

QinetiQ
Bldg Lovell Rm 109
Malvern Technology Centre
St. Andrews Road, Malvern
Worcestershire, WR14 3PS
Tel:
01684 896085
Email:
mrchurch@QinetiQ.com
Web:
www.QinetiQ.com
QinetiQ - The Global Defence and Security Experts.

For those other than the recipient any disclosure, copying, distribution,
or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on such information
is prohibited and may be unlawful.

Emails and other electronic communication with QinetiQ may be monitored.
Calls to QinetiQ may be recorded for quality control,
regulatory and monitoring purposes.

Re: GenericServletPortlet.class not found

Posted by Philip Mark Donaghy <ph...@gmail.com>.
Hi Michael,

<snip>

> cannot access org.apache.portals.bridges.common.GenericServetPortlet
> file org\apache\portals\bridges\common\GenericServetPortlet.class not
> found

> This is obviously because I need another jar file in my class path. But
> which one? There's nothing obvious in the lib directory of the Jetspeed2
> installation.

.maven/repository/org.apache.portals.bridges/jars/portals-bridges-common-1.0.jar
or
http://svn.apache.org/repository/org.apache.portals.bridges/jars/portals-bridges-common-1.0.jar

> Bear in mind that my development PC is NOT connected to the internet (it's
> not allowed to be), so I'm compiling everything directly (i.e. no use of
> maven, which hates not being connected to the internet).

I've been there before. Don't they know that your productivity is
affected by this strategy? But then again you do work for a security
company.

--
Philip Donaghy
Skype: philipmarkdonaghy

Re: GenericServletPortlet.class not found

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
Church Michael R wrote:
> I have just re-installed Jetspeed 2 on my Windows system, using the Multi-DB
> installer. All is well.
>
> However, I'm now trying to write a portlet that extends upon the
> GenericVelocityPortlet class. Accordingly, I have included the line:
>
>     import org.apache.portals.bridges.velocity.GenericVelocityPortlet;
>
> in the portlet source. I have included portals-bridges-velocity-1.0.jar in
> my class path (as you might expect I'd have to), but the thing won't
> compile. It complains:
>
>     cannot access org.apache.portals.bridges.common.GenericServetPortlet
>     file org\apache\portals\bridges\common\GenericServetPortlet.class not
> found
>
> This is obviously because I need another jar file in my class path. But
> which one? There's nothing obvious in the lib directory of the Jetspeed2
> installation.
>
> Bear in mind that my development PC is NOT connected to the internet (it's
> not allowed to be), so I'm compiling everything directly (i.e. no use of
> maven, which hates not being connected to the internet).

How are developing your new portlet?
Is it in a new portlet app?
Are you using the genapp method of portlet development?