Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Rodrigo Ruiz <rr...@gridsystems.com> on 2002/10/07 19:01:57 UTC

Error in servlet: Out of memory in PUT method

Hi all,

I am working with Tomcat 3.3.1. I have implemented a servlet that processes
PUT requests, in order
to upload files to my server.

I am doing some workload tests, and when I try to upload a file over
70Mbytes (aprox.), the server
response shows an Out Of Memory Error.

My servlet gets some headers for authorization, and after that, it gets the
request input stream and starts
to write the file.

I have written some strings at the beginning and at the end of my servlet.
If I upload a small file, all goes
Ok. If I try to upload a big one, it raises the exception without even
executing the System.out.println().

It seems like Tomcat trying to get all request before passing control to the
servlet.

Is it a consequence of the way Tomcat 3.3.1 serves requests? (I know PUT
messages are not HTTP 1.0, but 1.1).

Upgrading to Tomcat 4 could solve this problem?

Thanks in advance

--
GRIDSYSTEMS                    Rodrigo Ruiz Aguayo
Parc Bit - Son Espanyol        Analista Programador