Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by "Paul G. Joseph" <pj...@gmail.com> on 2013/02/12 20:13:09 UTC

long term fix to remove need for compatibility view

Hi there,

I have been running a customer site for almost 9 years now using Cocoon
2.1.11 and Apache Tomcat and IE.

We started with IE5.

Now though, with IE8 and 9, users have to change to "compatibility view"
and they are not happy.

I see there are temporary ways and permanent, more correct ways to make
the need to use this compatibility view go away.

Any suggestions or tips re. "best practice?"

Paul

AW: long term fix to remove need for compatibility view

Posted by "Kunisch, Arne" <a....@telekom.de>.
Hello Paul,

you did not state the site you were asking advice for, therefore I give up a guess:

You publish a site since 9 years without any changes.
Modern browsers now complain, that the code you send to the browser for rendering is only viewable in compatibility mode of the browser.

Therefore the long term solution is to recode your application for the best user experience with modern browsers.
This is not really a Cocoon generated problem, even if you use Cocoon as rendering layer.
If I get something wrong you might want to give some additional data from your application and needs.

Best regards,

Arne