Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Myrna van Lunteren <m....@gmail.com> on 2007/05/02 18:41:01 UTC

Re: Should client error codes for returns SQLExceptions match embedded.

On 4/20/07, Kathey Marsden <km...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>    In converting the errorCode.sql test I noticed that errorCodes from
> returned SQLExceptions are not retained in client.  e.g. in the example
> below, client reports an errorcode of -1 instead of 30000.
> Should I file a bug for client to match embedded errorcodes for returned
> SQLExceptions or is this just an expected difference.
>
> Thanks
>
> Kathey
IMHO, we've documented that SQLStates may differ between client and embedded.
However, I think the errorCode should possibly (if DRDA supports this)
be made to match...

Myrna

Re: Should client error codes for returns SQLExceptions match embedded.

Posted by Kathey Marsden <km...@sbcglobal.net>.
Myrna van Lunteren wrote:

>  I think the errorCode should possibly (if DRDA supports this)
> be made to match...

Thanks Myrna for responding. I forgot all about this one.   I filed
DERBY-2601 for the issue.

Kathey