Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Smith, Johnathan M." <js...@ubspw.com> on 2002/09/17 20:49:40 UTC

Roles without LDAP

Anyway to use Roles without LDAP??

Can I just save some object in the session??

Re: Roles without LDAP

Posted by Eddie Bush <ek...@swbell.net>.
You may not "just have some object in the session".  You may pull your
authentication from a database.  There are a few different Realm
implementations in Tomcat.  Be sure you examine each of them :-) to see
which best "fits" your needs.

I use JDBCRealm myself ... pulls them out of a RDBMS.  There is also the
flat-file (MemoryRealm) implementation.  That's not very ... flexible
though.  I believe there is now an additional implementation, but I'm
not familiar with it - not even to the point of knowing it's name.

Smith, Johnathan M. wrote:

>Anyway to use Roles without LDAP??
>
>Can I just save some object in the session??
>

>--

Eddie Bush