Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by Mariano Di Girolamo <m....@tecnodata-srl.it> on 2017/08/02 14:45:43 UTC

Re: LDAP_USER_BASE_DN pointing to an AD Security Group

The user used in bind is member of administrator.
I installed the new version of guacamole (0.9.13) but I have the same problem.
If I configure the base-dn like "DC=test,DC=local" I have this error on catalina.out

ERROR o.a.g.a.l.AuthenticationProviderService - Cannot bind with LDAP server: Error while query user DNs.

Di Girolamo Mariano
cell. +39 329 0552286
tel. +39 0735 762626 3
Tecnodata s.r.l. - Via Val Tiberina, 23A - 63074 San Benedetto del Tronto (AP) Italy
tel. +39 0735 7626261 - www.tecnodata-srl.it
Il contenuto di questa e-mail e degli eventuali allegati, è strettamente confidenziale, non producibile in giudizio e destinato alla/e persona/e a cui è indirizzato. Se avete ricevuto per errore questa e-mail, Vi preghiamo di segnalarcelo immediatamente e di cancellarla dal vostro computer. E' fatto divieto di copiare e divulgare il contenuto di questa e-mail. Ogni utilizzo abusivo delle informazioni qui contenute da parte di persone terze o comunque non indicate nella presente e-mail, potrà essere perseguito ai sensi di legge.

Posted by James Fraser <Ja...@veritec.com.au>.
Hi

I resolved this issue from another ticket comment from Nick

On Wed, Aug 9, 2017 at 2:31 PM, Nick Couchman <ni...@yahoo.com>> wrote:
Are you getting any errors in your Tomcat log files?

Can you try pointing at port 3268 on your AD server, instead of the default 389?  There's an issue with querying the global catalog that is in the process of being fixed (PR is open for it), and I think querying the non-GC-port sometimes works.

-Nick

Changing to 3268 seems to have resolved my issue.
Cheers

James Fraser • Microsoft Systems Engineer

I am currently experiencing the same issue here, if targeting a specific OU in Active Directory it works as required however I am now implementing Guac for another client and require targeting multiple OU’s and using the BASE OU and a few groups was the idea but if I don’t specify the OU that the users live in then I can not seem to get it to work and get the same

ERROR o.a.g.a.l.AuthenticationProviderService - Cannot bind with LDAP server: Error while query user DNs.

James Fraser • Microsoft Systems Engineer

The user used in bind is member of administrator.
I installed the new version of guacamole (0.9.13) but I have the same problem.
If I configure the base-dn like "DC=test,DC=local" I have this error on catalina.out

ERROR o.a.g.a.l.AuthenticationProviderService - Cannot bind with LDAP server: Error while query user DNs.

Di Girolamo Mariano
cell. +39 329 <callto:+39%20360%20959573> 0552286
tel. +39 0735 762626<callto:+39%200735%207626267>3
[cid:image001.jpg@01D314F3.285BCE30]
Tecnodata s.r.l. - Via Val Tiberina, 23A - 63074 San Benedetto del Tronto (AP) Italy
tel. +39 0735 7626261<callto:+39%200735%207626261> - www.tecnodata-srl.it<http://www.tecnodata-srl.it/>

Posted by James Fraser <Ja...@veritec.com.au>.
Hi All

[cid:image001.jpg@01D314F0.C2A42440]