Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by Marko Asplund <as...@kronodoc.fi> on 2002/04/15 12:57:25 UTC

schema validation error

i'm using Xerces 2.0.1 SAX2 API for validating a XML document based on
XML schema with the following parser options:
	http://xml.org/sax/features/validation
	http://apache.org/xml/features/validation/schema

the validation process stops with the following error on a XML document
instance:

parse error, line: 9, col: 37, sys: file:///tmp/wgspd8786.tmp, pub: null
parse error: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: src-ct.2: Complex Type Definition Representation Error for type '#AnonType_EXT'.  When simpleContent is used, the base type must be a complexType whose content type is simple, or, only if extension is specified, a simple type.

the reason seems to be an inconsistency between the schema and the
document. as my experience in debugging schema validation errors is very
limited i'd appreciate any hints on how to locate the source for this
inconsistency on XML element level.

best regards,
--
	aspa

Re: schema validation error

Posted by Laura Hatcher <lh...@argoneng.com>.
i believe that the problem is in your schema, so maybe your question will best be answered on the xml-schema or xml-dev mailing list.

Marko Asplund wrote:

> i'm using Xerces 2.0.1 SAX2 API for validating a XML document based on
> XML schema with the following parser options:
>         http://xml.org/sax/features/validation
>         http://apache.org/xml/features/validation/schema
>
> the validation process stops with the following error on a XML document
> instance:
>
> parse error, line: 9, col: 37, sys: file:///tmp/wgspd8786.tmp, pub: null
> parse error: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: src-ct.2: Complex Type Definition Representation Error for type '#AnonType_EXT'.  When simpleContent is used, the base type must be a complexType whose content type is simple, or, only if extension is specified, a simple type.
>
> the reason seems to be an inconsistency between the schema and the
> document. as my experience in debugging schema validation errors is very
> limited i'd appreciate any hints on how to locate the source for this
> inconsistency on XML element level.
>
> best regards,
> --
>         aspa