Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com> on 2007/07/28 14:43:59 UTC

Upcoming Genesis release

Just a quick note, we are gonna have to release Genesis 1.2 soonish
to support the 2.0 build.  While its not "perfect" (or even close) it
does work now and so I'm going to recommend we release it more or
less asis.  I did a quick sanity check last week, and now I'm asking
if anyone knows of any common m2 pom stuff that needs to be changed?

Is anyone using that release profile?  While its kinda what we
eventually what, what is there now doesn't really work IIRC.  Anyone
using it?

--jason

Re: Upcoming Genesis release

Posted by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>.
On Jul 28, 2007, at 6:05 AM, Kevan Miller wrote:
> On Jul 28, 2007, at 8:43 AM, Jason Dillon wrote:
>
>> Just a quick note, we are gonna have to release Genesis 1.2
>> soonish to support the 2.0 build.  While its not "perfect" (or
>> even close) it does work now and so I'm going to recommend we
>> release it more or less asis.  I did a quick sanity check last
>> week, and now I'm asking if anyone knows of any common m2 pom
>> stuff that needs to be changed?
>>
>> Is anyone using that release profile?  While its kinda what we
>> eventually what, what is there now doesn't really work IIRC.
>> Anyone using it?
>
> Hey Jason.
> Agreed that we should release. There'll always be room for
> improvement... ;-)

Yup, always is ;-)

> I don't know of any pending m2 pom changes.

Aighty... well I'm gonna hope folks chime in if they are using that
release profile, cause if not I'm gonna whack it and then spin the
release.  Maybe monday.

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.
On Jul 28, 2007, at 8:43 AM, Jason Dillon wrote:

> Just a quick note, we are gonna have to release Genesis 1.2 soonish
> to support the 2.0 build.  While its not "perfect" (or even close)
> it does work now and so I'm going to recommend we release it more
> or less asis.  I did a quick sanity check last week, and now I'm
> asking if anyone knows of any common m2 pom stuff that needs to be
> changed?
>
> Is anyone using that release profile?  While its kinda what we
> eventually what, what is there now doesn't really work IIRC.
> Anyone using it?

Hey Jason.
Agreed that we should release. There'll always be room for
improvement... ;-) I don't know of any pending m2 pom changes.

--kevan

Re: Upcoming Genesis release

Posted by ja...@gmail.com.
Aight I'm at a bbu at the moment. Good friends, relaxing. I will ping you on irc monday for reality :-)

Cheers,

--jason

Posted by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>.
Hrm... how are you using this profile?

Its got a few old plugins listed, and a few pinned snapshot artifacts...

eh, whatever I don't really care.  Maybe you should release it... :-(

--jason

Posted by Matt Hogstrom <ma...@hogstrom.org>.
The staging profile ... yes.

Posted by Matt Hogstrom <ma...@hogstrom.org>.