Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Derrick Koes <De...@skillsoft.com> on 2005/03/16 17:23:58 UTC

JK cache size question

If I see many of the following log record, should I increase my cachesize higher than the default of 1?

[Fri Mar 11 13:23:41 2005] [info]  jk_ajp_common.c (1947): could not find empty cache slot from 1 for worker qailt002:8009. Rise worker cachesize

The info from http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/connectors-doc/config/workers.html:
Cachesize defines the number of connections made to the AJP backend that are maintained as a connection pool. It does not limit the number of those connection.
Cachesize property is useful when you're using JK in multi threaded web servers such as Apache 2.0 (worker), IIS and Netscape. The cachesize property should reflect the number of threads per child process. The JK 1.2.8 will discover the number of threads per child process on Apache 2 web server with worker-mpm. For other web servers to will have to set that value manually.

What's a good number if running IIS 6.0?

Thanks,
Derrick