Posted to dev@isis.apache.org by Mohammad Nour El-Din <no...@gmail.com> on 2011/05/09 01:22:54 UTC

Preparing for the retreat

Hi

   For Apache Isis members who will attend the Apache Retreat in
Ireland this year of 2011. I would like to plan what equipments we
will bring with us to make sure we have at least connectivity among
us, I believe you all read [1] and [2].

I will bring the following:
-----------------------------------
  1- An ADSL router with Wifi/WLAN access point.
  2- Network cables.
  3- Power extensions.
  4- I am thinking an additional Laptop, but not sure yet.

For Apache Isis hacking while there and in case we don't have internet access:
  * I can make a Git/Mercurial local repository of Isis *trunk* which
we can work on locally and then I sync the changes back to SVN when we
are back home.
  * I will make a test tomorrow to be 100% sure that this can work. I
have done it once from SVN to Mercurial by using Git. When I am sure I
will send instructions.

Thoughts? Others would bring other stuff ?

[1] - https://sites.google.com/site/apacheretreatknockree/home/network-availability
[2] - https://sites.google.com/site/apacheretreatknockree/home/what-do-i-need-to-bring

--
Thanks
- Mohammad Nour

than your best."

"Stay hungry, stay foolish."
- Steve Jobs

Re: Preparing for the retreat

Posted by Dan Haywood <dk...@gmail.com>.
Hi Nour,
I don't know either Git or Mercurial, so happy to take your lead.  I'll
install Mercurial on both the laptops I'm bringing.
Cheers
Dan

Posted by Mohammad Nour El-Din <no...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dan Haywood <dk...@gmail.com>.