Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Jeremy Boynes <jb...@apache.org> on 2005/03/21 08:42:19 UTC

Experimental maven plugin

I have just committed an experimental maven plugin that can be used to
build Configurations using the local Maven repo as a source for
dependencies and parent Configurations.

The plugin produces a packaged configuration as its output artifact
which can be used for subsequent deployments. There is also a goal for
installing such an artifact in a running server.

Currently only GBean configurations are supported; I plan to add support
for other configurations (including J2EE) over the next few days.

This is experimental; the normal build process is unaffected.

--
Jeremy

Re: Experimental maven plugin

Posted by Jeremy Boynes <jb...@apache.org>.
I have just committed the next phase. This includes:

* an assembly plugin that builds the final assembly
   there is still work to do here on automating the assembly, for
   example it should be able to figure out most of the dependencies
   from the configurations being installed. This might need to wait
   for m2's transitive dependency management

* configuration module for the j2ee-system configuration

* configuration module for the j2ee-server configuration

The modules are currently untested. Next phase is to port the other
configurations over so we can build the whole server distribution.

--
Jeremy

Posted by Jeremy Boynes <jb...@apache.org>.
thanks