Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Budi Rostiarso <Bu...@vico.co.id> on 2003/03/22 07:46:46 UTC

problem with NTLM and ActionForm (including from struts examples)

hi guys, i need some help here.

I'm trying to acquire NT user via NTLM for my web app, which ofcourse
using struts. After i STW i found the source to do that, right here on
struts-user mail list. here is the link:
http://www.mail-archive.com/struts-user@jakarta.apache.org/msg56484.html
.

The code is working fine, it can extract username and NT domain. But if
i use ActionForm, its values seems to be reset in each request, and i
can't get the actual values, even during the validate method in the
ActionForm.
This behavior can also be produced in struts-exercise-taglib. If i call
the jsp that contain the NTLM authorization, then the next ActionForm
behavior will never act correctly. I've try html-multibox and
html-select, and they produced same output, whatever i choose will be
reset after i save/submit the form.

i've tried in on my win2000 machine, tomcat4.0 and tomcat4.1, struts
1.0.2 and struts 1.1b3

If you need to ask any question/information, i'll be happy to provide.

Thanks in advance.