Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by Fabian Hueske <fh...@gmail.com> on 2018/10/12 21:32:07 UTC

Creating a slide set for a Flink intro talk

Hi everybody,

I'm currently creating a slide set for a Flink intro talk [1].

The content will be mostly based on pages of the recently updated website
* Main page [2]
* What is Apache Flink? [3]
* Use cases [4]
* Powered By [5]

The idea is to have a good set of slides that anybody can use to give a
Flink intro talk.
I'm doing the slides in Google Slides [1].
So everybody can also make improvement suggestions.

I'm not done yet, but comments are already welcome.

Cheers,
Fabian

[1]
https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1GVdd11wZZdNW1PpIpHaWnhr-Q3L0DvmGD0lE42IcSR8
[2] https://flink.apache.org
[3] https://flink.apache.org/flink-architecture.html
[4] https://flink.apache.org/usecases.html
[5] https://flink.apache.org/poweredby.html

Re: Creating a slide set for a Flink intro talk

Posted by Fabian Hueske <fh...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

It's been a while since I started this thread.
I've finished a first version of the slides and also used them to give a
40min talk [1].
The slides could be improved by adding some speaker notes.

Some of the slides are maybe a bit text-heavy, but I think this is fine for
slides that are used by different people.
Presenting slides without or little text is not that easy if you didn't do
the slides yourself.

Please let me know what you think.

Best, Fabian

Am Di., 16. Okt. 2018 um 18:44 Uhr schrieb Fabian Hueske <fhueske@gmail.com

Posted by Fabian Hueske <fh...@gmail.com>.
Hi everybody,

Posted by Hequn Cheng <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Posted by jincheng sun <su...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Shuyi Chen <su...@gmail.com>.
Thanks a lot, Fabian. That's very useful. I made a quick pass and made a
few suggestions. I like the use cases/users section. One general comment I
have is that the slides seems emphasizing streaming in the first overview
slides, but only mention batch here and there not consistently. In my
opinion, I think we should make this consistent, and mention batch in the
beginning as well.

Thanks
Shuyi

--
"So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future."