Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Pitre, Russell" <RP...@shawmut.com> on 2003/06/03 18:07:24 UTC

form login

I know this has been asked before........so please direct me to any
documentations or faq's..............I also searched and couldn't come
up with anything......so here's it goes........

HTTP Status 400 - Invalid direct reference to form login page

type Status report
message Invalid direct reference to form login page
description The request sent by the client was syntactically incorrect
(Invalid direct reference to form login page).

I receive the above error when directly going to the login form in my
webapp rather than being redirected to the login form when trying to
access a protected resource......My goal here is to have the login form
on the home page and have the user login at his/her leisure....and yet
still take advantage of tomcat security handling of protected pages and
directories..........what is the best practice for this situation?
Thanx in advance.

Thanx
Russ