Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by "Steve H." <ye...@yahoo.com> on 2000/04/01 01:56:41 UTC

Running XSP example in Weblogic 4.5.1

I am having trouble getting cocoon 1.7's xsp example
to work with weblogic 4.51.  One of the problem is
that weblogic's 4.5.1 servlet api is not 2.2 yet, so
if I add the servlet22.jar file from cocoon
distribution, I got the AbstractMethodXXX exception
(which is documented in the FAQ btw).  So what I did
was I added every jar files in the cocoon distribution
except for the servelet one.  I was able to run every
example(including the SQL ones) except XSP.  The first
stack reported back to me was this:

java.lang.Exception: XSP Java Compiler: Compilation
failed for _page.java
8. Package java.servlet not found in import
  import javax.servlet.*;
(blah blah)

Because weblogic.classpath includes the
weblogicaux.jar file, which has all the
javax.servlet.* files, and because once the jar file
is in the weblogicclasspath it cannot be in the
regular java classpath (I think).  I could not make
XSP compiler to find the servlet packages.  If I add
the jar file to the classpath, I will get the
AbstractMethodXXX again.

Has anyone successfully made the XSP example(cocoon
1.7 ) work with WLS451?  Should I try cocoon 1.7.2?

TIA.
... Steve

http://im.yahoo.com