Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Daniel Matuschek <da...@tesion.de> on 1999/02/10 15:15:21 UTC

general/3869: Server doesn't close connections after timeout period

>Number:         3869
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       Server doesn't close connections after timeout period
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
>Release:        1.3.3
>Environment:
Linux stu1id7 2.0.36 #1 Tue Jan 12 10:10:16 MET 1999 i686 unknown

GCC
After running the server for a while, I got much httpd processes in "reading" state. Timeout is set to 10 ! I tried telnetting to the server and it doesn't close the connection after the timeout.
It seems, that the server doesn't close open connections after the timeout period or ignores the Timeout value set in the config file.
http://www.bluewin.de

Server status enabled (http://www.bluewin.de/server-status)
>Fix:
Workaround: restarting the server every hours